Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentine's card 2014

I'm not sure whether I've bent the rules too much with this card or not!

Less Is More's challenge this week is an "anything goes" one layer card. Well this doesn't look like one layer, but it IS. I cut the heart out of the kraft card and then cut another one out of red card. I embossed both, and fitted the red part into the kraft part - still one layer. Well OK, there may be a bit of tape on the back holding them together, but that doesn't count, does it? Pretty please?!

I also hope that it is not too busy for a CAS card. I think it still counts as clean and simple even though it it covered, because the embossing and inking is quite subtle and plain. Actually this photo makes the inking stand out more than it does in the cold, grey, miserable half-light of a flooded British February afternoon.

On that hope, I'm entering it into CASology's "bold" challenge for the bright red, Cute Card Thursday's "clever cutting", and Simon Says Stamp's "kraft", and Papertake Weekly's "heart" challenges.


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

12 comments:

Marianne said...

beautiful card, like that "wooden" background.

Chrissie said...

What a fun idea Squirrel!
Great card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. Great Valentine's card for a man. What embossing folder is that?

Ardyth said...

I LOVE that you made the initials look as if they're really carved into the tree! Very clever! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Viv said...

Great card :)Viv xx

Lin said...

Love this design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

luv2srap said...

Very clever idea

Gillian R said...

A very clever card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Squirrel, thanks for the lovely comments on my card, love the Valentines- awesome use of an embossing folder! The Water Droplets are a rubber stamp, by Designs by Ryn. I did link to her site in the post below, she does not have a Uk supplier yet, you have to order from her in Canada, but her shipping is really quick and reasonable.
Hugs, Shaz xx

Helen J said...

Well I'd definitely say it counts as one layer! I love it & it's a really clever idea.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a comment.
Helen
PS Love your avatar!

Julia Aston said...

Love your red embedded heart!

Doris said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for visiting my blog.